The food shopping experience hasn't changed a lot over the years.
We already have drones delivering online purchases in some parts of the country. You have to admit – you probably didn’t think you’d live to see the day.
More on Inewsguru:
- Former ‘American Idol’ contestant from N.J. charged with heroin distribution
- Take a Don Draper-worthy road trip in this vintage $225,000 RV
- Pediatric Defibrillator Electrodes Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2018
- Medical News KEY-X Smart Keyboard for People with Disabilities IndieGoGo launch
- The best universal remotes of 2018
Yet it’s interesting that supermarkets are remarkably similar today to the experience a succession of generations have had over the years.
Think about it. The manual cash register (and its almost musical sound) has been replaced by bar code scanners … but the process of your purchases passing along a conveyor as you move through the thin checkout line is hardly different.
Items are still arranged in rows of shelves that we push shopping carts up and down. The carts themselves may be made of plastic instead of metal but the design has barely been altered.
More on Inewsguru:
- €10mln capital committed for startup finalists of the Get in the Ring Startup Competition
- Grand Mirrors now offers Philips LED Light for most of its Mirrors
- Global Capacity, Sales, Price, Cost, Sales Revenue and Gross Margin of Transthyretin Market 2018
- A report unfavorable to the accused Colts Neck killer exists. But the public will have to wait to see it
- Lose Yourself in the Alluring Aura of the Track ‘Venus’ by Jonathan Taylor-Classical Guitar Virtuoso
Fruits and vegetables are still open to be chosen individually; meats and fish are neatly arranged in refrigerated displays. It’s an experience we had as children that our own children — and likely their children – have been and will be able to share.
Here’s a gallery of vintage photos of supermarkets in New Jersey. And here are links to more vintage photo galleries of supermarkets and food stores in the Garden State.
Latest on Inewsguru:
- Digital Marketing Company in Udaipur
- Leading production brand, studio 52 started its operation in Bahrain
- South Africa’s Audi and VW Repair Specialists
- The Ingenious Singer Sosa Delivers the Depth of his Creativity through his Tracks
- Smoothe X Alfa’s ‘Side Dude (Official Video)’ is Getting the Fans Hooked On Youtube