The question of connection that The BOX raises is "with technology that connects people all over the world, why do we often feel disconnected to our communities, families and each other?"
A wide range of musicians and performers will explore the question of “Connection” as the Jersey City Theater Center Connection Series comes to a close on Friday, Nov. 30, with The BOX: Connection Edition.
More on Inewsguru:
- What is the quick ways to make money? cash apps that pay you real money
- Over 100 firetrucks will parade down N.J. main street for toddler cancer survivor
- Buying, selling property in Mashhad
- Cardi B splits from husband Offset after a year: ‘I guess we grew out of love’
- Famous Atlanta Dj Artist NOA AON is Back with his Heart-Catching Track ‘Kung fu fighting’
The evening of music, spoken-word, poetry, and multimedia performances will take place at the Black Box Theater, at the JCTC’s Merseles Studios at 8 p.m.
The question of connection that The BOX raises is “with technology that connects people all over the world, why do we often feel disconnected to our communities, families and each other?”
Taking on emcee duties at The BOX will be Ariel Guidry, a jazz, blues, and soul singer who has performed at a variety of venues in Hudson County such as White Eagle Hall, Maxwell’s, FM, the Hutton, and Trumpet’s Jazz Club in Montclair. While a regular performer for JCTC’s The BOX, this will be Guidry’s first time emceeing the event. The Jersey City based vocalist will still be performing that night, in addition to her hosting duties.
“We’re living in a day and age where we tell ourselves that technology makes our lives better, and yet we struggle with feeling more and more socially isolated,” said Guidry. “It’s exciting to help illuminate the cohesive thread that compelled this array of creatives to explore this theme of Connection.”
More on Inewsguru:
- Introduction of RFW-01 swiss made automatic luxury timepiece
- Google and B8ta combine to let people try out smart home products before buying
- MTV’s Wild N Out / Atlantic Records artist Yvng Swag Presents: Swag Toy Drive The Concert 2018
- World’s First API-Driven Commercial Energy App Choose Bristol for Launch
- Bergen man lands in jail after ‘Thanksgiving visit’ to Hoboken: police
Guidry will also sing a reimagined version of the traditional spiritual song, “Motherless Child,” which will feature added original verses by Guidry that were inspired by “Trojan Women,” another production from JCTC that was a part of the Connection series.
This edition of The BOX will include the final performance of “Collaboration,” a multimedia collaboration between Jersey City-based abstract artists Kati Vilim and Brooklyn-based sculptor Thomas Lendavi. Vilim’s digital animations will accompany Lendavi’s web-like cord sculpture in the space of Merseles Studios, turning the art gallery into a gallery of the art itself.
Other musicians and performers that will be part of the The BOX’s lineup include: Max and Los Americanos, Gary Van Miert, The Apple and the Tree, Freddie Moises, Illegal Chicas, Hernandez Jimenez, Lorena Ortiz, Carol Lester, and Westies among others. The After School Orchestra and Exploding Plastic Silver will provide musical interludes for the preshow and intermission.
Admission for the show is a suggested donation of $5. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Jersey City Theater Center’s Merseles Studios is located at 339 Newark Ave., Jersey City.
Latest on Inewsguru:
- The Indonesian Consul General, Ade Sukender hosted a gala musical evening along with Dinesh Khanna a
- Digitalogy – The New Way To Hire Top Software Development Agencies
- Crypto Research Institute Launches A New Site For Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Awareness
- Marco Danese Jeweler’s shop to be renewed
- ClickSponsor announces the launch of its new website