The New Jersey Sierra Club's Jeff Tittel writes that Gov. Murphy needs to take action against the South Jersey Gas pipleline.
More on Inewsguru:
- Multi-upload hundreds of Disclosure – barring (DBS) applications instantly
- ILEONE – Drake With A Draco (Official Audio)
- 7figureboss listed in Forbes 40 under 40 watchlist Plans to release the first ever Mini-Importation Tutorial DVD Book.
- Unleash Your Inner Personality with the Track ‘Dark Side’ by the Record Label VITLAVI
- Instrumental Work in Famous Atlanta Dj Artist NOA AON’s Track Is Brilliant and Melodious
Gov. Phil Murphy should stop the construction of the South Jersey Gas pipeline that will go through the Pinelands, instead of just cutting a ribbon for the company’s new headquarters. It’s good that Murphy is supporting business growth in Atlantic City, however, this pipeline is unneeded and unnecessary.
The main purpose of this SJG pipeline is to fuel a natural gas-fired electricity plant to replace a coal unit in Cape May County. The B.L. England plant would then become the largest polluter and greenhouse gas emitter in this part of South Jersey. New natural gas plants are also a major roadblock to Murphy’s goal of 100 percent renewable energy by 2050. To reach these goals, we must stop this gas plant and the pipeline that would serve it.
Also, Murphy has not appointed any board members to the Pinelands Commission, which means former Gov. Chris Christie’s appointees and their policies are still in place. What’s even worse is the Murphy administration has already granted SJG’s pipeline permit extensions. We need new Pinelands Commission members to protect this environmentally-sensitive area from natural gas pipelines like SJG’s.
If Murphy really wants to cut greenhouse gas emissions in New Jersey, he should be cutting the ribbon for offshore wind projects, not natural gas companies.
More on Inewsguru:
- Nature Lover Intends to Spread the Beauty of God’s Love
- Mobility Company EcoPrams Launch Crowdfunding Campaign
- Best Remaining Cyber Monday Headphone Deals
- YGreen will be coming to MJBizCon in Las Vegas
- Against All Odds, The Conners Justifies Its Existence
Jeff Tittel, Director, New Jersey Sierra Club, Trenton
Latest on Inewsguru:
- The best Nespresso machines of 2018
- Anaiv Capital Announces Partnership with 2 Leading US Escrow Agents to Expand Bitcoin Escrow Service
- MachPrinciple announces the launch of its professional Network in India
- Groovyhooman Launches The Token Sale Of The GHT Token
- Health -Fitness Expert Bringing a Holistic Approach to Nutrition