The director’s chair for the 25th installment of the James Bond franchise has officially been filled (again).
True Detective director Cary Joji Fukunaga will direct the still-untitled film, which will have its release date pushed back to February 14, 2020. James Bond franchise producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli announced Fukunaga’s attachment along with star Daniel Craig, and indicated that production on Bond 25 (the film’s working title) will begin March 4, 2019.
More on Inewsguru:
- These 2 reporters catch gnarly waves at the Shore. We made them try artificial surfing.
- Pinerite Accepts NIKO Cryptocurrency as a payment option
- Feel the Magic of This Rising Artist Ray William Roldan’s Enchanting Musicality
- SJ News Radio To Welcome Steve Young And The 187 Race Team
- MyCloud Hospitality wins the Best Digital Transformation Deployment in Hospitality
“We are delighted to be working with Cary. His versatility and innovation make him an excellent choice for our next James Bond adventure,” said the producers in a statement accompanying the announcement.
Fukunaga joins the project following the departure of Danny Boyle and a reportedly intense search for a new filmmaker to helm the project, which was initially scheduled to premiere in November 2019. Boyle was initially set to direct and co-write with his Trainspotting collaborator John Hodge.
In late August, the first set of filmmakers rumored to be contenders included Baby Driver and Shaun of the Dead filmmaker Edgar Wright, Dallas Buyers Club director Jean-Marc Vallee (per a report in Deadline), Hell or High Water director David Mackenzie, and White Boy Rick director Yann Demange. Both Mackenzie and Demange were on the earlier list of potential directors before Boyle was attached to the film. American Animals director Bart Layton and Star Trek 4 director S.J. Clarkson were also identified as potential directors.
Fukunaga comes to the James Bond franchise with a short but impressive list of directing credits, including the first season of True Detective, which won him a Primetime Emmy Award. Most recently, he directed the upcoming Netflix miniseries Maniac starring Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. Highlights from his major studio feature work so far include 2009’s Sin Nombre, 2011’s Jane Eyre, and the critically acclaimed 2015 feature Beasts of No Nation, which won star Idris Elba a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe Award nomination.
More on Inewsguru:
- Versatile Singer RicoSselluoS is Rocking the Gala with His Latest Track ‘Too Close/Uncomfortable’
- TWB Podcast: iPhone X discontinued?, Galaxy S9 first look, 50 Cent’s bitcoins
- Kavanaugh likely gives SCOTUS the votes to overturn Roe. Here’s how they’d do it.
- Aurora stock drops for the second consecutive day after Q1 report despite CAD $29.6 million revenue
- Authorities say 15-year-old’s killer is the same age
The 25th James Bond movie has Daniel Craig set to reprise the role of James Bond in what might be his final performance as the iconic secret agent.
Updated on September 20, 2018: Added confirmation of Cary Joji Fukunaga as the film’s director.
Latest on Inewsguru:
- The Indonesian Consul General, Ade Sukender hosted a gala musical evening along with Dinesh Khanna a
- Digitalogy – The New Way To Hire Top Software Development Agencies
- Crypto Research Institute Launches A New Site For Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Awareness
- Marco Danese Jeweler’s shop to be renewed
- ClickSponsor announces the launch of its new website