The Coast Guard at Delaware Bay received a radioed distress call Thursday from two people aboard a vessel after they struck a jetty
Two people were rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard Thursday after their damaged boat took on water and sank in Barnegat Inlet, authorities said.
More on Inewsguru:
- Microsoft’s redesigned Outlook is now available on Windows and the web
- 4 Exciting Ways to Design Your Home with Handcrafted Items
- Dress up for the 100th Supernatural Convention this weekend
- Rising Philadelphia Rap Star Lado Fire Drops Single “Yallinnuhwae” From Upcoming EP ‘Penthouse Music
- Comparisons to Carlin always welcome: Comedian Alonzo Bodden comes to N.J.
The Coast Guard at Delaware Bay received a radioed distress call from two people aboard a vessel after they struck a jetty, according to a news release.
Service members from the station at Barnegat Light arrived on scene in an attempt to remove water from the sinking boat, but could not keep up with the flooding, authorities said.
The two people onboard the boat were helped onto the coast guard vessel and brought back to the Barnegat Light station.
A commercial salvage team brought the flooded boat back to shore, the coast guard said.
More on Inewsguru:
- COCO LENI, partners with local Goan Artists to create a limited edition line of sunglasses
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’: Power through the grind with our leveling guide
- Between the Streams: Apple and Kristen Wiig, ‘Solo’ synopsis, Black Widow movie?
- My Great Recipes, launches a new app with original recipes and an ad-free premium subscription!
- Tom Cruise Is Here to Deliver Some Really Great Movie-Watching Advice
No injuries were reported.
Chief Warrant Officer Daniel Capestany, the coast guard’s command duty officer at Delaware Bay, said the rescued boaters were prepared for the emergency.
“The vessel was equipped with a VHF-FM radio to call for help, and both people were wearing their life jackets,” Capestany said in a statement.
“Boaters headed out on the water this Labor Day weekend should be as prepared for an emergency as these boaters were,” Capestany said.
Latest on Inewsguru:
- The Indonesian Consul General, Ade Sukender hosted a gala musical evening along with Dinesh Khanna a
- Digitalogy – The New Way To Hire Top Software Development Agencies
- Crypto Research Institute Launches A New Site For Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Awareness
- Marco Danese Jeweler’s shop to be renewed
- ClickSponsor announces the launch of its new website