Police have identified the man who was killed in a Friday afternoon shooting as Anthony Bowles, 24, of Plainfield.
More on Inewsguru:
- Former Airmen Write Military Fiction Set in Post-War South Korea
- West Palm Beach Public Adjuster
- R for Rabbit launches Steps into Breast Pumps Category
- MLB rumors: Why ex-Yankee Joe Girardi is a long shot for Reds manager
- “Israel’s Medical Miracles” Receives Necessary Funds
A 6-year-old girl suffered gunshot wounds to the leg and a 33-year-old woman was also struck by gunfire but received medical treatment at the scene.
The shooter is still at large and no arrests have been made, the Union County Prosecutor’s Office said. The office would not say whether they have identified the shooter.
Acting Union County Prosecutor Grace H. Park said Plainfield Police Division patrol units were called to the 300 block of Evona Avenue in Plainfield’s West End at approximately 2:15 p.m. Friday to find the shooting victims in the immediate vicinity.
Park said Bowles was rushed to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where he was pronounced dead.
More on Inewsguru:
- Eiger Design GmbH announces J-Testr RF a new test solution for the Internet of Things.
- New Business Social Network Is Started
- Cop caught on video punching man in head 12 times indicted on federal crimes
- Trump Administration Planning to Ease Methane Pollution Limits: Report
- Media Gateway Market Outlook to 2025 – Audiocodes, Cisco Systems, Avaya, Delastek, Ericsson – Others
The injured girl was transported to a local hospital and her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, Park said.
The shooting took place just one block from Clinton Elementary School.
In August, a 17-year-old Piscataway teen was fatally shot one block away on the 1300 block of West Third Street. There has not been an arrest in that case.
According to Bowles’ Facebook page, he graduated from J.P. Stevens high school in Edison. Last week he posted a picture of himself with the caption “On 2nd” and a commenter cautioned him to stay off the street, writing, “Nothing out there but a casket and a jail cell neph.”
The same commenter wrote on another photo: “Neph u better stay away from that store and off those streets too. Look what I went threw in life. U got family and luv ones that care about about u. Those streets is for weak and mentally blind without no sense of direction now.”
An Evona Avenue resident who asked not to be named said he heard at least eight shots and said that gang activity is a problem in the neighborhood.
Edgar Colon, the husband of the 33-year-old woman who was injured, told CBS that when the shooting took place his wife was outside supervising their daughter and the girl who was shot, who was visiting.
A neighbor told ABC he ran to help the girl after hearing the gunshots.
“She was crying and scared,” he said. “She was shaking really bad. We didn’t really see the shots in the leg, I’m not sure if it’s one or two. She was in front of the property and when she was shot she fell on the ground.”
“There should be able to be a cop on each corner, especially in this area where there’s constant, constant shootings,” resident Gwendolyn Harvey told ABC.
The Union County Prosecutor’s office would not confirm if the shooting was gang related, saying only “the investigation is continuing.”
Park said the investigation is being coordinated between the Prosecutor’s Office’s Homicide Task Force, the Plainfield Police Division, the Union County Police Department’s Ballistics Unit and the Union County Sheriff’s Office.
Anyone with information about this matter is being urged to contact Homicide Task Force Sgt. Joe Vendas at 908-358-3048 or Detective Sofia Santos at 908-577-4256.
The Union County Crime Stoppers also are offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case; tips can be given anonymously by phone at 908-654-TIPS (8477), via text message by texting “UCTIP” plus a message to 274637 (CRIMES), or online at www.uctip.org.
Source : nj.com
Latest on Inewsguru:
- The best Nespresso machines of 2018
- Anaiv Capital Announces Partnership with 2 Leading US Escrow Agents to Expand Bitcoin Escrow Service
- MachPrinciple announces the launch of its professional Network in India
- Groovyhooman Launches The Token Sale Of The GHT Token
- Health -Fitness Expert Bringing a Holistic Approach to Nutrition